Monday, February 5, 2007

They grow up so fast...

Just a couple of stories about the kids that show how fast they're growing up!

* * *
The other day, Karsyn asked (for the 3rd time that day) if she could watch the Naked Brothers Band. I asked her what it was about the show that made her want to watch it over and over. She put her tiny hand up to her chest, patted her heart, and said, "Because my heart tells me." She is completely lovestruck by the young, 6 year old drummer, Alex. "He's just SOOOOO funny!" Uggh...I'm dreading the teen years!

* * *

And yesterday, Andrew woke up at 6:30 am (yes, on a Sunday!) and turned on the t.v. all by himself. Paul, listening from our room, could tell that it was not set on a cartoon channel, so he got up to help. When he went out to offer to change the channel, Andrew said, "Naw. I'm gonna watch SportsCenter. Did you know Texas beat Kansas last night? Oh, hey look, football is coming up next. I'm gonna watch that!" Paul came back to bed with a glazed over look in his eyes. He says to me, "I don't think I've ever been prouder in my whole life!" Yes, at 6 years old, he's taking steps towards manhood.

1 comment:

jforgey said...

Mandy, These are precious comments. I hope you are scrapbooking them. jforgey